Tori Spelling: Katie Holmes is Plastic, Miserable, Can't Sing For S--t!

Tori Spelling: Katie Holmes is Plastic, Miserable, Can't Sing For S--t!

Tori Spelling unloads on former friend Katie Holmes in her new memoir Spelling It Like It Is. It's not really clear why she chose to detail all this, but she has.

"Dawson's Creek Katie was exactly what you'd expect," Spelling wrote of meeting Holmes. "She was wearing jeans and a tank top. Her hair was down."

"She was shy but engaging, and altogether pretty adorable."

  • Tori Spelling Photograph
  • Hot Katie Holmes Picture

But a few years later, the Beverly Hills 90210 actress said she got the cold shoulder when they ran into each other at vocal coach Eric Vetro's studio.

"As I sat waiting outside, I heard his prior appointment working with him in the other room. It was some actress singing horribly off-key," Spelling explained.

"That made me feel better. I heard him say goodbye and then the actress walked out of the room," she recalls, and it was none other than Katie Holmes."

"I didn't know whether we should hug or shake hands ... but the signal from her was immediately clear: Don't even come close," Spelling continued.

"I instantly got nervous. We clearly weren't going to catch up on the last 10 years. We certainly weren't going to talk about her husband, Tom Cruise."

Spelling tried to use "the mommy card," mentioning that she had kids around Suri Cruise's age. Katie didn't seem to know this. Spelling was annoyed.

"Come on. OK, I know you're busy. But don't tell me you don't follow the tabloids. Don't tell me you don't know anything about other celebrities' kids," Tori wrote.

"And then we stood there. She was just plastic. In a perfectly polite way. My pits were drenched. I never sweat ... it was that awkward."

"I thought, I know you're not a robot because you can't sing for s--t."

Soon, though, the anxiety gave way to feeling pity for her peer.

"As my anxiety faded, I just felt sorry for her," Spelling said. "I hadn't expected her to reminisce, but this was a totally different person from the girl I'd met at Trader Vic's."

"I felt sad for her. Those paparazzi photos, the ones where she looks like she's miserable but putting on a happy face? That's what she looked like in person."

Shortly afterward, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorced.

Spelling doesn't just let loose on others. She opens up about her own family troubles, while confirming that the Tori Spelling broke rumors are basically true.

Heck, Dean McDermott can't even afford a vasectomy ...

The Hollywood Gossip
Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 NEWS CELEBRITY All Rights Reserved.