Charlie Hunnam on Fifty Shades of Grey Exit: I Want to Move on to a New Chapter in Life

Charlie Hunnam on Fifty Shades of Grey Exit: I Want to Move on to a New Chapter in Life

Charlie Hunnam wants to move on to a new chapter in life. The actor spoke publicly for the first time since bailing on the Fifty Shades of Grey movie.

At the 2nd annual "Hogs for Heart" event benefiting One Heart Source Education Programs in Burbank, the Sons of Anarchy actor broke his silence.

Christian Grey (Actor)

"I am doing good. I am just really concentrating on work. It's been a really busy time," he said, revealing a factor in his personal life we weren't aware of.

"I have had some family stuff going on so just trying to stay focused and positive and keep trying to do a good job at work and be with my family and stay positive."

The 33-year-old actor's father, Billy, had passed away in May of this year and Charlie traveled back to his native England to be with family at the time.

Hunnam bailed on Fifty Shades after being cast in the lead role a little over a month prior. He gave no reason for doing so beyond the token scheduling conflicts.

There are rumors that a lack of creative control bothered him, combined with a desire not to be typecast or ridiculously famous a la Robert Pattinson.

In any case, Jamie Dornan is said to be the leading candidate to replace Charlie, who's currently wrapping up Season 6 of Sons. What comes next?

"Like I said, I've got some family stuff I have to tend to. So when I wrap the show, I am going to go to England and see my people," he continued.

"And then I have a film that I am doing with Guillermo [del Toro]. So I am going to go and do that and concentrate on the final seasons of Sons."

"There's rumor that we might do a couple of more episodes and do a little bit of an extended season next year, so we will see if that happens. It may or it may not."

"But I just want to finish that strong and go on to a new chapter of life."

One that does not include starring as Christian Grey. With Charlie out, for better or worse, who do you think should step into the steamy role?

The Hollywood Gossip
Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 NEWS CELEBRITY All Rights Reserved.